This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which we collect, store, use and disclose personal data we receive in writing, through our Websites, or through the recruitment services that we provide. It therefore applies to personal data that you provide to Mortimer Bell International telephonically, electronically (including email) and in person.
This information may be updated from time to time, and should be read in the context of any additional specific information such as that provided in privacy policies applicable to specific businesses or local areas as displayed on the relevant Website or distributed to you from time to time.
This Privacy Notice also informs you how we obtain and use information gained by us through your use of the Websites, including by using “cookies” and third party vendors.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data, how we will treat it and your rights. You can contact us at email@example.com
Please be sure to check the addendums below to see if there is one that applies to your country. In the event of a conflict between the general part of this Privacy Notice and an addendum, the addendum prevails.
1. Who are we?
Mortimer Bell International is a global technology recruitment company as described on the website. Mortimer Bell International offers recruitment services for permanent hiring and contract.
2. Who does this Privacy Notice protect?
This Privacy Notice protects individuals throughout the world who access our Websites or receive recruitment services from us. In addition to candidates who are looking for a new or different job or career, this also includes individuals who are employed by an actual, former or prospective Mortimer Bell International. A Mortimer Bell International client is one of the following, a business that Mortimer Bell International has contracted with to provide recruitment services or is in the process of doing so, a business that Mortimer Bell International may solicit with the intention of providing recruitment services or a business to whom Mortimer Bell International may provide relevant IT market information.
3. What information will we collect?
Some of the data that we collect and receive from you is personal data which means that it is information that could personally identify you (“Personal Data” or “PII”). The Personal Data that we may collect from all users of our Websites and users of our recruitment services may include any of the following:
- Contact details e.g. street address, email address, telephone number;
- Work Experience;
- Job Title;
- Professional Certifications;
- Education & Qualifications;
- Career History;
- Salary Range;
- Right to work status \ citizenship;
- Other information relevant to help us provide recruitment services;
- References from past employers; and
- IP address
For Contract Candidates Only (individuals who are employed by, consult with and/or own an entity recruited by Mortimer Bell International to provide contract or temporary technical professional services to an Mortimer Bell International client (or an Mortimer Bell International client’s client))
In addition to the Personal Data listed above, Mortimer Bell International may collect the following from you:
- Tax details and proof of payment and submission;
- Commercial insurance information; and
- Bank and payment details.
While this information may relate to your company or your employer rather than being your Personal Data, we have listed this information for transparency.
If your provision of Personal Data to Mortimer Bell International is necessary to enter into a contract with your company or your employer, your failure to provide us with accurate Personal Data may result in Mortimer Bell International not being able to offer or render recruitment services to you, your company or your employer.
4. Why do we process your Personal Data?
Generally, we use your Personal Data for our business and activities, and in our efforts to expand and improve our business. Examples include:
All users of the Websites and/or our services
To provide our recruitment services to you, your employer or your company;
- To facilitate the recruitment process, including but not limited to:
- Qualifying and submitting candidates;
- For clients, negotiating EC terms of business;
- Arranging interviews and obtaining feedback;
- Negotiating compensation packages; and
- Providing post placement follow up.
To assess data about you against vacancies which we judge may be suitable for you;
To enable you to submit your CV/resume to Mortimer Bell International, apply online (including through the Website) for jobs or to subscribe to alerts about jobs we think may be of interest to you;
- To enable us to develop and market other products and services and where you have consented to being contacted for such purposes;
To improve our customer service and to make our services more valuable to you (including tailoring the Websites when you log on to enrich your personal online experience);
- To send you electronically or by post surveys, reports, Mortimer Bell International event details, promotions, offers, networking and client events and general information about relevant industry sectors which we think might be of interest to you, where you have consented to being contacted for such purposes (and we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out);
- To identify you, and respond to and process your requests for information and provide you with a product or service;
- To amend records to remove personal information;
- To use your information on an anonymised basis to monitor compliance with our equal opportunities policy, other Mortimer Bell International policies and any legal or compliance requirements;
- To use your information on an anonymised basis to create marketing materials such as a salary survey; and
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, and for other everyday business purposes that involve use of Personal Data.
Actual or Prospective Candidates
- To help find you or your company a job;
- To contact you (permanent hire candidates), your employer or your company (contract candidates) about jobs that Mortimer Bell International is filling or may fill for Mortimer Bell International clients;
- To provide you or your company with information about the job market;
- To communicate with you (permanent hire candidates), your employer or your company (contract candidates) after you or it has started a job to make sure all is going well or to remedy, or attempt to remedy, any problems;
- To answer any questions you have about a job or the job market;
- To fulfill any aspect of your employer’s or your company’s contract with Mortimer Bell International (for contract candidates only);
- To collect any money due, or allegedly due, to Mortimer Bell International or any Mortimer Bell International client (or Mortimer Bell International client’s client);
- To obtain or inquire about any property (including computers and confidential business information) owned, or allegedly owned, Mortimer Bell International or any Mortimer Bell International client (or Mortimer Bell International client’s client);
- To establish, exercise or defend any legal claims; and
- To assist you (permanent hire candidates), your employer or your company (contract candidates) if you are dissatisfied or dislike the job, or any aspect of it.
- Individuals who work for Mortimer Bell International clients(i.e. a “client contact”)
- To fill an open vacancy at your company or employer;
- To contact you about candidates for jobs with whom Mortimer Bell International has a relationship;
- To provide you with information about the job market;
- To communicate with you after your company or employer has hired/retained a Mortimer Bell International Candidate to make sure all is going well and to remedy, or attempt to remedy, any problems;
- To negotiate and fulfill any aspect of your company’s or employer’s contract with Mortimer Bell International;
- To answer any questions you have about a job or a candidate or your company’s or employer’s contract with Mortimer Bell International;
- To resolve any issue with the issuance, payment, collection or enforcement of an Mortimer Bell International invoice;
- To collect any property owned by Mortimer Bell International or any Mortimer Bell International candidate;
- To establish, exercise or defend any legal claims.
5. Who do we send your Personal Data to?
- All users of the Websites and/or our services
- To third parties where we have retained them to provide services that we or you have requested or that Mortimer Bell International clients have requested including references, qualifications and background reference checking services and to verify the details you have provided from third party sources.
- To third parties to provide data storage, CV/resume parsing and marketing (via email & SMS, standard SMS and text rates may apply) services to Mortimer Bell International where such third parties have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of, and to protect, your Personal Data in accordance with applicable law.
- To third parties, regulatory or law enforcement agencies if we believe in good faith that we are required by law to disclose it in connection with the detection of crime, the collection of taxes or duties, in order to comply with any applicable law or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, in connection with legal proceedings or other similar cause or circumstance.
- In the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, receivership or transfer of all or substantially all of the assets, or a controlling interest in the equity, of Mortimer Bell International (or any of its group companies) provided that such counterparty(ies) to any such transaction agrees to adhere to the terms of this Privacy Notice (or a similar document) and applicable law.
Actual or Prospective Candidates
To Mortimer Bell International clients in order for them to determine if you (permanent hire candidate) or your company or employer (contract candidate) are or may be qualified to fill a vacancy.
Individuals who work for Mortimer Bell International clients (i.e. a client contact)
- To candidates in the course of providing your company or employer with recruiting services and to further the recruitment process.
- To third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you have requested including candidate skill tests and other testing.
6. What will Mortimer Bell International do if my Personal Data is breached?
Mortimer Bell International has put in place reasonable technical, administrative and physical safeguards intended to prevent a breach of your Personal Data. That being said, Mortimer Bell International cannot guarantee that your Personal Data will not be breached.
A breach can take many forms, including, without limitation, the loss of your Personal Data or the unauthorized access to, disclosure, modification, copying and transfer of your Personal Data.
Once Mortimer Bell International becomes aware of the breach, Mortimer Bell International will take reasonable steps to isolate the breach, stop the breach, determine the root cause, determine the Personal Data breached, fix the root cause and determine if notice to you and/or the appropriate government agency(ies) is required. Mortimer Bell International will comply with all applicable law in reacting to, and dealing with, a breach of Personal Data.
If you believe, for any reason, that your Personal Data has been breached while in Mortimer Bell International care, custody or control, please email Mortimer Bell International immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Will my Personal Data be transferred to another country?
Yes, Mortimer Bell International may transfer your Personal Data to the categories of third parties described in this Privacy Notice, some of whom are located outside of the country in which you provided your Personal Data to Mortimer Bell International or the country of collection.
If so, Mortimer Bell International will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Data is protected and treated in accordance with this Privacy Notice and local applicable law. The countries where Mortimer Bell International may transfer your Personal Data will have varying levels of data security practices and laws, some of which may be less stringent or protective than your country. Mortimer Bell International will use all reasonable efforts to require that any of its suppliers and vendors who receive your Personal Data are contractually bound to (a) keep your Personal Data confidential and (b) take, at a minimum, reasonable efforts to maintain the privacy and security of your Personal Data.
Under certain circumstances, Mortimer Bell International may share your Personal Data with one or more of its group companies who may be located in a country other than yours or other than the country in which Mortimer Bell International collected your Personal Data.
8. How long will Mortimer Bell International store my Personal Data for?
We are required by applicable law to store your Personal Data for as long as is necessary to comply with our legal, regulatory and contractual obligations. This period of time will vary based on the law in your country and in the country where Mortimer Bell International stores your Personal Data.
In addition, Mortimer Bell International will keep your Personal Data for the identified purposes until it reasonably believes that it no longer needs it, that there is no reasonable chance that you, your employer or your company will do business with Mortimer Bell International, and there is no reason to believe that we will need the Personal Data for any special circumstances such as the issuance or defence of legal proceedings, audit, investigation or collections.
9. Sending Mortimer Bell International Personal Data over the internet
Your Personal Data is held on servers hosted by us, our internet services providers or third party vendors with whom Mortimer Bell International has a contract. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take the efforts set forth in the Privacy Notice to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted through or to our Websites. Any transmission of data by you to us over the internet is at your own risk.
10. How we collect and aggregate information about visitors to our Websites
We also collect information about the way job seekers and visitors use the Websites in order to improve our services, to understand our users better, and to determine aggregate trends, most popular pages, etc. By using the Websites, you agree that we may share de-identified aggregate data with selected third parties to assist with these purposes. We may also undertake marketing profiling to help us identify candidates, clients, or jobs which may be of interest to you. We may process Personal Data that you submit to us through the Websites under one or more of the permissible bases for processing Personal Data set forth in the Privacy Notice.
11. Technology and Tools
Like many companies, we use technology and tools that tell us when a computer or device has visited or accessed our content. Those tools include services from search engines and other companies that help us to tailor our products and services to better suit our customers and potential customers. Search engines provide facilities to allow you to indicate your preferences in relation to the use of those tools in connection with computers and other devices controlled or used by you.
We also set out further information below about Cookies and Web Beacons.
The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
|To monitor our LinkedIn advertisements’ performance.||Deleted when the browser session is closed.||https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy|
|To provide sharing statistics, monitoring Facebook Ads and allowing Facebook comments.||Longest cookie duration is 1 year and 5 months||https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/|
|Addthis||Toolbar to allow our visitors to share our content over social media||2 years||https://www.addthis.com/privac...|
|pintrest||To load Pintrest||30 days||https://policy.pinterest.com/en-gb/privacy-policy|
|Google Analytics||Provide analytics of users browsing the Website such as location, city and browser related data.||2 years.||https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en|
|To load Twitter tweets on the Websites which users can click on to go to FRG’s Twitter page.||30 Days.||https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-cookies|
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
13. Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to Mortimer Bell International and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through Mortimer Bell International have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.
14. Other Important Privacy Information
Below, you will find additional privacy information that you may find important.
15. European Privacy Rights
Mortimer Bell International adheres to applicable data protection laws in the European Economic Area, which if applicable includes the following rights:
If the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you have a right to withdraw consent at any time for future processing;
You have a right to request from us, a “data controller” as defined in the law, access to and rectification of your personal data;
You have a right to object to the processing of your personal data; and You have a right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority.
When we process personal data about you, we do so with your consent and/or as necessary to provide the services/products you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfill other legitimate interests of Mortimer Bell International as described in the “How We Use Personal Data” and “Reasons We Share Personal Data” sections above. When we transfer personal data from the European Economic Area, we do so based on a variety of legal mechanisms, as described in “Where We Store and Process Personal Data” below.
16. Where We Store and Process Personal Data
Personal data collected by Mortimer Bell International will be held securely and we take steps to ensure that the data we collect under this privacy statement is processed according to the provisions of this statement and the requirements of applicable UK & EU law.
17. Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will update this privacy statement when necessary to reflect customer feedback and changes in our services/products. When we post changes to this statement, we will revise the “last updated” date at the top of the statement and describe the changes. If there are material changes to the statement or in how Mortimer Bell International will use your personal data, we will notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes before they take effect or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to learn how Mortimer Bell International Limited is protecting your information.
18. How to Contact Us
You may wish to contact us to request access to your Personal Information, to seek to correct it or to make a complaint about privacy. Our contact details are set out below:
Mortimer Bell International D Floor,
Milburn House, Dean Street,
We will respond to your request for access to Personal Information we hold about you as soon as we reasonably can, including if we are unable to provide you with access (such as when we no longer hold the information).
We do not impose any charge for a request for access, but we may charge you a reasonable fee for our costs associated with providing you with access and retrieval costs.
For complaints about privacy, we will establish in consultation with you a reasonable process, including timeframes, for seeking to resolve your complaint.